Welcome to another brand new episode of Magic 5x5 With Craig Petty. This week's episode includes a live performance of Craig performing an unpublished mentalism routine, he talks about how to transition between card & cube magic and there's even a sneak peak to an upcoming Talk Magic with John Lenahan.
John Lenahan, Live Mentalism Performance & Commentary, Packet Tricks, Rubik Cube Magic & More | 5x5
If you're not familiar with Magic 5x5, the idea is simple. Craig talks about five different subjects and gives himself five minutes to talk about each topic. There is a countdown timer at the bottom of the screen. When the timer hits zero Craig moves onto another topic. 5x5 is always quick, snappy and you never know what you are going to get.
In this week's 5x5 Craig covers the following topics:
1. You get to see a live performance from a corporate event in Coventry. Craig performs an unpublished mentalism routine that is a killer two phase routine. You see the whole performance.
2. You see the same performance footage but this time with a commentary track over the top. Craig talks about his performance and specifically what he did during the performance. Craig speaks about performing to groups during a mix and mingle situation. He talks about getting everyone's attention, making a performance personal to the spectator and increasing the level of the reactions from an audience.
3. Craig talks about a routine he published on an old DVD called 'Blank' which was published in 2010. The routine is called 'Blank Nonsense'. Craig performs the routine and explains a 'one degree' improvement to the routine which takes it to a brand new level. If you perform the routine this is something you need to add to your performance.
4. On Saturday we are uploading a brand new Talk Magic Interview with John Lenahan. John is an absolute legend of the UK Magic Community and has been there and done that. Stuff The White Rabbit is widely considered one of the best TV Magic Shows of all time. You see a sneak peek of this interview where John talks about Stuff The White Rabbit and how the programme started and became a reality.
5. Craig talks about transitioning between card magic and cube magic. Craig performs a routine that he uses to transition between the two props which is not only magical but quite easy to do.
That's all for this week's Magic 5x5. If you have any questions regarding this week's episode, you can easily let us know in the comments below. Check out the full episode and don't forget to let us know what you think.