Craig Petty returned this week with another exciting new 5x5 Magic. This week's episode features a live performance of Craig performing a cube routine, along with discussion on Three Disc Monte and even a sneak peek to an upcoming Talk Magic interview coming this Saturday.
Three Disc Monte, Cube Magic, Clear Cube, Tom Wright, Sam Fitton, Live Performances & More | 5x5
The 5x5 Magic episodes are always fun. If you are unfamiliar with this Magic TV series, Craig has five different subjects of magic to talk about with five minutes to break down each topic. There is a countdown timer at the bottom of the screen. When the timer reaches zero, Craig immediately moves onto another topic. It's quick, snappy and you never know what you are going to get.
In this week's 5 x 5 Craig covers the following topics:
1. Craig performs a cube routine at a wedding. This is a multi phase routine starting with some Cube 3 style cube manipulation before going onto The Solution by Michael Murray and finally Clear Cube by Prop Dog. You see the full live performance.
2. In this section you see the same live performance but this time with a commentary track over the top of the performance. Craig talks about layering multi effect routines, audience management specifically when performing The Solution and other really important topics.
3. Craig talks about Parental Advisory by Tom Wright. This is a fantastic routine that flew under people's radar. Craig performs a routine from the project and talks about why it is so commercial for a working magician.
4. You see a sneak peek of an interview with Sam Fitton. Sam is considered one of the top wedding magicians in the country. This is an incredible interview and you see a sneak peek in this video. The full interview is coming on Saturday on Magic TV.
5. Craig talks about Three Disc Monte which is one of the best con games in existence. However hardly anyone ever plays this game or performs it. Craig shows and talks about why it is such a good routine to add to your set list.
You can watch the full 5x5 below. Let us know what you think in the comment section. We look forward to seeing your responses soon.