On this week's Friday night special, Craig Petty covered the ultimate guide on how to survive attending The Blackpool Magic Convention. These tips will help you to ensure you have a great experience at Blackpool as well as every other magic convention that will be taking place throughout the year.
The Ultimate Guide To Surviving The Blackpool Magic Convention | Magic TV With Craig Petty
The Blackpool Magic Convention 2022 is just around the corner and a lot of magicians are eager to get back to magic conventions. However, if you are new to magic you might not know what to expect. That's why Craig Petty, who will be attending Blackpool himself, gives you 20 quick points for you to take on board. The tips are as follows:
1. Try To Attend The Whole Convention
2. Make Sure You Plan Out Your Days
3. Attend The Lectures And Go See The Shows
4. Go To The Ruskin, That's Where The Real Magic Happens
5. Don't Be Afraid To Speak To The Stars Of Magic
6. Get Involved In Sessions, No Matter How Nervous It Makes You
7. Remember To Eat & Drink
8. Be Prepared For A Lack Of Sleep
9. Research Dealers Beforehand To Avoid Disappointment
10. Set A Budget And Stick To It
11. Don't Wait Till The Very End To Buy Your Favourite Trick
12. Don't Ask Dealers To Show You The Same Trick Over And Over Again
13. Do You REALLY Need The Trick You Are Wanting To Buy?
14. Look For Bundle Deals In The Dealer Hall
15. Listen To What Everyone Is Talking About In The Ruskin
16. Don't Be A Stinky Magician, Have A Shower
17. Don't Dress Like A P***k, It's A Magic Convention Not A Gig
18. Don't Treat Female Magicians Like A Prop
19. When Watching Magicians Perform, Don't Be A P***k
20. Have Fun, Enjoy Yourself
The full episode on Magic TV below. Give it a watch to see Craig explain each of these pointers in depth and don't forget to let us know what you think. Will you be attending Blackpool this year? Let us know!